References in this policy to:
- “client” mean any client or potential client of ours to whom we offer and/or provide consultancy services;
- “client contact” means a procurer or recipient of consultancy services at a client.
We respect your right to privacy. Our overall aim is to ensure that our collection and use of personal information is appropriate to the provision of services to you and is in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
2. What does Group Of Humans do?
[Using our community of Humans we assemble tribes of consultants to work on consultancy projects for our clients.]
3. The personal information we collect about you
We aim to collect the minimum data needed to enable us to liaise and work with you as part of our consultancy network. Typically, this is your:
- phone and e-mail details;
- your photograph;
- your consultancy and work experience;
- any professional certifications relevant to the type of consultancy you do and any other information relevant or required by law to enable us to provide the consultancy services;
- any other information which you include in your CV or your expression of interest in a consultancy project;
- any information which has been published or made available on a social media or in any news media;
- details of your company;
- the statement of work contract we hold with your company including progress data and charge rates relating to the consultancy work you perform under that contract;
- details of your referees and emergency contacts;
- references from third parties such as previous employers and nominated referees;
- the results of pre-employment screening or vetting checks which we are asked or required to undertake in relation to you (including the results of any Disclosure and Barring checks and any information you provide relating to current and/or spent criminal convictions carried out on behalf of the client during the on boarding process);
- any e mail or other messaging communications, including attachments, which you send to us;
You can update your personal information at any time by forwarding a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org
Referees and emergency contacts: the personal information we collect about you where “you” are a referee or emergency contact. We collect basic contact details (such as name, title, address, email and tel) so that we can contact you for a reference or as an emergency contact for one of our candidates/consultants.
Client contacts: the personal information we collect about you where “you” are a contact at one of our clients.
We need to collect information about you as an essential part of providing our Services.
- we contact you with a view to providing consultancy services to you; or
- you contact us expressing an interest in working with us;
- you provide us with your business card or other information provided to us at sales and marketing events;
- we provide consultancy services to you;
- we enter into a proposal and/or a consultancy contract with you; and
we will usually collect the following information from or about you:
- your name;
- your phone and e-mail details;
- details of your role, title and responsibilities within your organisation;
where “you” are a client contact:
- any opinion or feedback you share with us regarding a consultant;
- details of any queries you raise with us regarding the consultancy services;
- details of any consultancy requirements or plans you share with us.
4. How we use your personal information and our lawful bases for processing your personal data
We collect, store and use information that we obtain in relation to you for our legitimate interests:
- so that we can contact you about consultancy projects that we believe you will be interested in;
- to help us put together suitable teams of consultants for our clients who engage us to deliver consultancy projects;
- to develop a specialist, industry-relevant network of consultants to help meet our clients’ consultancy requirements
- to provide a channel through which you can express your interest in working on consultancy projects;
- to promote your expertise and details on our website as part of the Group Of Humans network of consultants;
- to introduce you to other Humans who may be working on different aspects of consultancy projects with you;
- to enter into and administer contracts which are necessary in order for your consultancy services to be supplied on a consultancy project;
- to make payments, in respect of any consultancy services you provide as part of a on a Group Of Humans consultancy project, to you or your company or umbrella;
- for internal record keeping purposes;
- to carry out checks on work-related references, qualifications and criminal records, verification of the details you have provided from third party sources, psychometric evaluations or skills tests
- to inform you of Group Of Humans networking and other events and news articles.
This storage and use of your personal information allows you to be contacted about consultancy projects which we think will be of interest to you, now or in the future, and we do not believe that this storage and use will unduly prejudice your rights or freedoms.
Where you are engaged to provide consultancy work for one of our clients we will store and use your personal information for the purposes of completing and administering contracts with you or your company and for processing payment to you or such company in respect of services your consultancy have performed. Such processing will be for our legitimate interests so that we can ensure that you are paid for your services. We do not believe that this storage and use of your personal information will unduly prejudice your rights or freedoms.
Such processing will also be necessary for the performance of a contract to which you are party (i.e. your contract with us or the company with whom you work to provide consultancy services) and/or in order to take steps prior to you entering into such contract, including contracts we enter into with the client relating to your consultancy services.
We collect, store and use your name and contact details for our legitimate interests, so that we can:
- provide you with details of our consultancy services and our consultancy network;
- maintain our business relationship with you; and
- where we need to share your contact details with consultants within our network who are providing consultancy services to you.
This allows you to be contacted and to receive any consultancy work which you or your organisation have requested.
We do not believe that this storage and use of your personal information will unduly prejudice your rights or freedoms.
All users of the Site and our Services
We collect, store and use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to make our website and any client-related site available to you; and
- to provide any services that you request.
Sometimes, our use of your personal information is for purposes which are ancillary to the provision of the website and our services, or which are desirable in order to make them to operate more effectively. In those circumstances, we believe we have a legitimate interest in handling your personal information, and do not believe that this storage and use of your personal information will unduly prejudice your rights or freedoms.
The relevant circumstances are:
- detecting and preventing fraud;
- keeping our Site, apps, products and IT systems secure;
- ensuring that our own processes, procedures and systems are as efficient as possible;
- analysing and enhancing the information that we collect;
- determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and advertising; and
- contacting with products and services which we think will interest you.
In some, relatively limited, circumstances we need to handle your personal information in a certain way to be able to comply with our legal obligations. For example if we are requested to disclose your personal information to regulatory bodies or we need to demonstrate our compliance with applicable law.
5. Anonymous data
We collect anonymised details about visitors to our website for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes. However, no single individual will be identifiable from the anonymised details we collect for these purposes.
6. How we share your personal information and who we share it with
- Other Humans within the Group Of Humans network: Where necessary we will share your information with other Humans in our network for purposes connected with consultancy projects you work on or have worked on.
- Merger or acquisition: When we need to transfer information about you if we are acquired by or merged with another company. If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified by email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you have regarding your personal information. If we disclose personal data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it we will ensure that your privacy is protected.
- Consultancy services: When we are using your personal information in the context of our consultancy services, then we will share your personal information with clients where we believe that your consultancy services will be appropriate for a particular project with that client.
Where personal information is shared with clients they will handle your personal information in line with their own privacy policies.
Where necessary, we will share your contact details with the relevant consultants within our network who are working on consultancy services for you.
7. International transfers
Data which we collect from you may be stored and processed in and transferred to countries outside of the UK and/or European Economic Area (EEA) (including to the following countries: US) or to members of our group of companies (including to the following countries: US) in connection with the above purposes. For example, this could occur if our servers are located in a country outside the EEA or one of our service providers is situated in a country outside the EEA. We also share information with our group companies, some of which are located outside the EEA. These countries may not have data protection laws equivalent to those in force in the EEA.
8. How long do we keep your information for?
We will retain information about you for a period of up to  year from the date on which you last provided your consultancy services via Group Of Humans.
We will delete it after that time except where we need to keep any personal information to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, or enforce our agreements.
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by us and our affiliates, or analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analysing trends, administering the Site, tracking users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We will receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Your information is held on servers hosted by us or our Internet Services Provider. The transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
11. Your rights to your information
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information. If you would like further information in relation to these or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us at: email@example.com at any time. You have the right to request that we:
- provide access to any personal information we hold about you;
- update any of your personal information which is out of date or incorrect;
- delete any personal information which we are holding about you;
- restrict the way that we process your personal information;
- prevent the processing of your personal information for direct-marketing purposes;
- provide your personal information to a third party provider of services;
- provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you; or
- consider any valid objections which you have to our use of your personal information.
We will consider all such requests and provide our response within a reasonable period (and in any event within any time period required by applicable law). Please note, however, that certain personal information will be exempt from such requests in certain circumstances.
If an exception applies, we will tell you this when responding to your request. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to any request you make.
You can request to unsubscribe from consultancy alerts and marketing material at any time. If you wish to contact us with respect to the above matters please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
13. Complaints, questions and suggestions
Group Of Humans tries to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information. We take any complaints we receive about this very seriously. We encourage people to bring it to our attention if they think that our collection or use of information is unfair, misleading or inappropriate.
If you wish to complain about this policy or any of the procedures set out in it please contact us at:
In the EEA, you can also make a complaint to our supervisory body for data protection matters (the Information Commissioner’s Office in the UK) or seek a remedy through local courts if you believe your rights have been breached. You can find details of how to do this on the ICO website at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or by calling their helpline on 0303 123 1113.